1. My friend Patricia started writing a blog.
www.beingbuchanan.blogspot.com. It's hilarious. I love reading it! She's always doing lots of cool interesting things in her life and I really admire that. So, in some ways, she has inspired me to try something new. If one person gets the same enjoyment reading this as I get from reading hers, it's worth it and if I enjoy doing it, even better.
2. I read a lot of the blogs on the stuff website. Specifically Four Legs Good, Moatas Blog Idle and On The Box. Four Legs Good drew me in a long time ago, who can resist pictures of cutesy puppies and kittens. Not I. Reading the rest has spawned from there and two much time on my hands.
3. I watched Julie and Julia last night and thought she was crazy! 500+ recipes in 1 year - I don't think so. But it was a good movie and it made me decide to do this. I'm not planning anything crazy like that (though one of my favourite things is the day my Foodtown magazine arrives every two months and I flick through turning down all the pages of things I want to make. There are usually dozens each month. Which made me think, I might try and make 5 per issue and blog about the attempts here.)
I'm not quite sure what this blog will involve, but lets just see what happens. There will be food (the enjoyment of it and the subsequent consequences of battling that), TV rantings and ravings (My name is Nicola and I'm a TV addict), and cutesy little anecdotes about my cats Tiger and Jackson (well, cute to me anyway).
| Top - Tiger, Bottom - Jackson |
No comments:
Post a Comment