What a beautiful Easter weekend it has been! I'm sure the forecast was for a weekend of cold and misery but boy did they get it wrong. 4 days of glorious warm autumn weather. It's gonna be hard to go back to work tomorrow.
Anyway, a few weeks ago, the latest food mag arrived.
Once again, lots of pages turned down, but to keep with the Easter theme, I thought I'd try my hand at the hot cross buns. Below is some pics of the process and the final result.
 |
| Not all the recipes in the mag are so stepped out but usually 1 or 2 are. |
 |
| This was my first time using yeast. I don't think I had the milk quite warm enough as it didn't foam up as much as I thought it should. |
 |
| Frothy but not quite frothy enough I don't think. |
 |
| Ready to mix! |
 |
| Really wish I'd had a bread maker to kneed the dough. Or a kitchen mixer with a dough hook. |
 |
| The dough rose so yeast must've been ok. |
 |
| Time to rise again... Hmm, easter appropriate? |
 |
| Didn't quite get the cross mix right. It was a little stiff and cut my hole a little big in the piping bag. |
 |
| All baked! |
 |
| And glazed! |
 |
| Time to enjoy! Ok, the cheesy pic is to enter a competition to win a Kenwood Kitchen Mixer. |
|
So, final verdict, pretty good. Definite room for improvement but think that is mostly to do with the milk not being warm enough for the yeast and my kneeding not being up to scratch. Would definitely make them again and the family seemed to enjoy them so they can't have been too bad.
No comments:
Post a Comment